Spice Cake Recipe and Browned Butter Frosting
Spice Cake with Brown-Butter Frosting
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
packed dark brown sugar
Brown Butter Frosting
1/2 c. butter
box confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with waxed paper, grease paper. Dust pans with flour.
- Prepare Spice Cake:In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. In large bowl, combine both sugars, breaking up any lumps of brown sugar. Add margarine or butter and, with mixer at low speed, beat until blended, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula. Increase speed to medium; beat 4 minutes or until light and creamy, occasionally scraping bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beat until blended.
- Pour batter into pans and spread evenly. Stagger pans on 2 oven racks, so layers are not directly above one another. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of each layer comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Run small metal spatula or knife around edges of pans to loosen layers, invert onto wire racks and remove waxed paper. Cool layers completely.
- Prepare Brown-Butter Frosting:In small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat and cook until butter is golden-brown, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour butter into large bowl, cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- To cooled butter, add confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla. With mixer at medium speed, beat ingredients until smooth. With mixer at high speed, beat frosting until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Makes about 2 1/3 cups.
- Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on cake plate, spread with scant 1/2 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer, spread with another scant 1/2 cup frosting, then top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. With hand, press walnuts around side of cake. Refrigerate if not serving right away.
Video: How to Make Brown Butter Frosting with Pumpkin Cupcakes
How to Replace a Trojan Uvmax Ultraviolet Lamp
How to Help Your Parents Earn Money
8 Best Amazon Echo Features to Help You Lose Weight
How to Get a Fishing License in Ohio
Cool Reading Glasses That Will Elevate Your Style Make You Look Intelligent
How to Cope With an Asthma Attack
Weight-loss pills a waste of money
Iron Deficiency During Pregnancy in Hindi
Getting to the Bottom of a Bad Nights Sleep
These Are the Only Designer Shoes You Need to Know About
How to Make Healthy Eating a Habit, by Model and Nutritionist Alicia Rountree
Date: 01.12.2018, 23:23 / Views: 91155