Ask Steve: Your fiancé has another fiancé! || STEVE HARVEY
How to Tell Your Friend Her Fiance Is Cheating on Her
Take her to your house and watch a movie.Go for a cheerful/comedy one, and try to avoid romantic ones. If you know her what favorite movie is, why not watch it together?
At the end tell her very gently.Try to have as much tact as possible since this is an extremely delicate subject. You know your friend very well, so try to avoid anything that may discomfort her even more: like trying to lighten the atmosphere with a joke, or being too negative, etc, it all depends on how you know your friend will react.
If she cries comfort her.Tell her she is too good for him, try to make her see how wonderful of a person she is and that nobody like that deserves her tears. And most of all, make her see it wasn't her fault. Nobody should be blamed but the cheater. Don't let her take the blame and remind her that if there was a problem he could have very well talked it out instead of doing what he did.
Help her forgive and forget.It is very hard to forgive being cheated on, but with a little gentle help everyone can do it in time. Don't push her to forget immediately and talk her out of revenge (and of course don't give her any ideas).
If she doesn't want to end the relationshipDON'T PUSH HER TO DO IT OR GET MAD AT HER.She has her reasons, and even if you don't approve you're her friend after all, not her mother. Respect her decisions and be there for her.
Make her tea and a cake, or bring her ice-cream or chocolates.If you know what her favorite food is then go ahead and cook it for her. Things we like trigger endorphins which make us feel better, and her feeling better will help her cope better.
Remove any memories of her Fiancé from her house as long as she lets you.Sometimes having his things around helps her cope with the process of accepting, sometimes it helps her see things she didn't see before. Give her time to get rid of everything, and help her through the process. Being gentle and patient is a must.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Don't make her feel guilty, don't let her take the blame, and don't be sarcastic, snide or mean at her.She had just gone through a terrible moment in her life, and the only one to blame is the cheater.
- Remember to be patient, understanding and comforting.Don't get mad at her for crying, and don't push her to take the decision you think is the right one.This is a difficult time for her, and everyone has their own time and methods to cope.
- Giving her a small gift like cooking her favorite food or buying her favorite candy helps a lot.
- Don't talk bad about her Fiancé.She might do it, and she has every right to do it, but sometimes if you do it too she might get offended, or find it out of place. Women act in weird, contradictory ways sometimes.
- Let her talk all she wants.Be a good listener.She might have a lot to let out, and as a friend it's your job to listen to her.
- It could be a good idea to take her out of town for a few days. Take her to the beach, or the mountains, or to her favorite amusement park, or even just to visit a relative. Changing scenery can do loads of good.
- Don't leave her alone unless she asks to be alone, and remind her you'll always be there for her. It's devastating to find out you're being cheated on, and sometimes women go into fairly hard depression periods. Try not to let that happen, specially if you know your friend for going to the extremes, but give her time and space to mourn.
- She may be angry at you. She might accuse you of lying, trying to destroy her happiness, or being jealous. Do not take it personally. If this happens it's probably best to stay calm, tell her that you're still her friend if she ever needs you, and walk away. If she doesn't believe you, all you can do is let her find out for herself.
Video: TELLING OUR FRIENDS & FAMILY WE'RE ENGAGED!
How to Shop at Aldi
11 Colorful Accent Wall Ideas To Upgrade Your First Apartment
The Average Steps per Minute for Different Exercises
6 OMG Uses for Your Dry Shampoo
How to Heel Hook (Bouldering)
20 Long Hairstyles With Bangs For Your Statement Looks
How to Wear Converse
The hottest jumpsuits playsuits on the high street right now
31 Healthy and Creative Chicken Soup Recipes
10 Things Every Daughter Who Was Left By Her Dad Should Know
How to Use a Computer if You Are Blind or Visually Impaired
How to Determine if Youre a Workaholic
Date: 10.01.2019, 08:51 / Views: 75475