Basic Cabochon Wrap Wire Wrapped Pendant Beginner
How to Make Wire Wrapped Jewelry
Making a Necklace
Wrap the end of the wire around the middle of the jaw of round-nose pliers.Do not cut the wire from the spool.
Hold the loop about 1/8 inch (.32 cm) above the top of the glass or stone with the rest of the wire flat against the back of the stone.
Wrap the wire up and around to the front of the glass, using your fingers to bend it flush to the piece.Continue around to the back.
Continue to wrap the wire around the stone, parallel to or crossing earlier wraps, keeping it taut to the stone, until you are satisfied with the pattern.
Bring the wire back to the top loop and wrap it around the wire 2 to 3 times, just below the loop.Cut the wire flush and press it to the rest with the chain-nose pliers. Smooth the cut edge with the nail file, if needed.
Open a jump ring, slip it through the wire-wrapped pendant's loop and close the jump ring.
Slide the jump ring onto 18 inches (45.72 cm) of silk cord.
Add cord ends and crimp them closed before attaching the clasp to the cord end findings.
Making a Bracelet
Make 4 wire-wrapped bars.
- Cut 4 2-inch (5.08 cm) lengths of wire.
- Make a loop about 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) from one end by wrapping it around the round-nose pliers' jaw.
- Wrap the short end around the length of the wire twice, just below the loop. Repeat at the other end of the wire.
- Cut the excess wire and press it against the bar with the chain-nose pliers. File the ends smooth, if necessary.
Make 5 wire-wrapped bead units.
- Cut 5 1-inch (2.54 cm) lengths of wire.
- Make a loop at one end.
- Thread a bead on the wire.
- Make a loop at the other end of the wire, next to the bead.
- Cut off the excess wire.
Assemble the bracelet.
- Open the loop on one end of a bead unit.
- Slide one loop of a bar onto the bead unit's loop, and close the loop. Repeat, alternating bead units and bars, until you have joined all the components, ending with a bead unit.
- Open the loops on the end bead units, and attach them to a toggle clasp. Close the loops.
Cut 2 4-inch (10.16 cm) lengths of 22-gauge wire.
Wrap one end around the tip end of the round-nose pliers to form a tiny loop.
Bend the wire around the loop 2 or 3 times with your fingers, making sure that each bend touches the last.
Grip the beginning of the spiral with chain-nose pliers and continue to wrap the wire until you reach 1 1/2 inches (3.81 cm) from the end, still making sure the wire touches each round.
Bend the remaining wire at a 90-degree angle to the spiral.
Thread 2 4 mm beads, a 2 mm metal bead and then 2 more 4 mm beads onto the wire.
Make a loop at the end of the wire.
Open the loop and attach it to an ear wire or clip.Repeat to make a second earring.
QuestionDoes anyone out there make wire pendants with stones inside?Top AnswererLook on Etsy for wire-wrapped stones. Social media sites like Pinterest can provide photos of wire-wrapped stones with a link back to the source of the photo and the artist who made them.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Curve the bars for the bracelet, if you prefer, by bending them around a plastic soda or water bottle.
- Adjust the size of the bracelet by adding bead units to the beginning and end or between the bars, as needed.
- Add variety to your wire-wrapped jewelry with square or half-round wire.
Video: • How To Wire Wrap Crystals and Stones Without Holes • Pendants • Day 6 of 7
How to be active at workplace
This Adorable Baby Has Already Learned How to Prank Her Dad...And Its Hysterical
The 12 Biggest Health Trends Of 2019, Ranked
How to Recognize the Potential Crazy Girlfriend
Top 5 Health Benefits of Coconut Water
Rolls Royce Just Teased The Don Of Driverless Cars
How to Fly Standby
About Half of Women May Benefit From Mammograms at 40
Stars Love Nancy Gonzalez
New York restaurants for big groups
PIP Implants Scandal Court Case Begins
How to Contact the NFL
How to Recognize Genital Warts
Sue Barker: My Favourite Wimbledon Moments
How to Become Heartless
Date: 02.12.2018, 06:13 / Views: 43585