How To Purposely Corrupt A File
How to Corrupt a File on Purpose Using Corrupt a File.Net
This wikiHow teaches you how to corrupt a file using a free online service. Corrupting a file intentionally can be useful in a handful of situations, the most common of which is sending a "completed" but corrupted document to a teacher, supervisor, or client in order to buy more time to work on the document.
Make sure your file is believable.If you're corrupting the file in order to send it to someone for the purpose of buying more time to work on the file, you'll want to make sure that the file is the correct size, length, and/or format.
- For example, if your document is supposed to be a 10-page Word document, you should type 10 pages' worth of text (e.g., gibberish or copied text from elsewhere) into a Word document to show that the document is actually 10 pages long.
Consider backing up the original file.While you won't be corrupting the original file, there's always a chance that you'll accidentally delete the original file instead of the corrupted file when you're through using it. To avoid this, it's best to create a copy of the file you want to corrupt.
- To back up a file, click the file in question, press eitherCtrl+C(Windows) orCommand+C(Mac) to copy it, go to a safe location on your computer, and paste the file there by pressing eitherCtrl+VorCommand+V.
Open Corrupt-a-File.Go to in your computer's web browser. This website can corrupt most common file types such as MP3s, Word documents, Excel sheets, and more.
ClickFROM YOUR COMPUTER.It's a yellow button near the middle of the page. Doing so prompts a File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) window to appear.
Select your file.Go to the location of the file that you want to corrupt, then click the file once to select it.
Click .It's in the bottom-right corner of the window. This will upload your file to the Corrupt-a-File website.
Scroll down and clickCORRUPT FILE.This button is near the bottom of the page. Corrupt-a-File will begin corrupting your file.
- This can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on your file's size.
ClickDOWNLOAD YOUR CORRUPTED FILEwhen prompted.This will download the corrupted file onto your computer.
- Depending on your browser's settings, you may have to clickSaveor select a save location to confirm the download.
QuestionCan the corrupted files be recovered using data recovery software?DANIEL MESKINCommunity AnswerNo. The data is not locally stored, therefore recovery software won't have trace files to recover from. As long as you are not handing in your laptop, you should be fine.Thanks!
Can the file be recovered if you hand it in and if so how do you make it not recoverable?
What do I do after the Malwarebytes browser extension blocked the download?
I am having 500 mb data how to corrupt?
- Modern computers and programs rarely allow for corrupted files to be created in the first place, so sending the same person a corrupted file more than once will most likely cause them to become suspicious.
- Since plenty of teachers, professors, employers, and people in general are aware of this strategy, sending a corrupted file to buy time isn't as viable a tactic as it used to be.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Français: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How to Corrupt a Word/Powerpoint/Exel/ect. File! -The easy way[with voice]
Orlando Bloom Gives the Worlds Most Mature Post-Separation Interview
Why you should ignore the wedding list ( what to buy if you decide to go off-piste)
Beauty Buzz: Beyonce Helped Solange With Her Wedding Hairstyle, A Soap Study You Need to Know About,More
How to Develop Gluten in Bread
Other HR leaders say a growth mindset is key to success
Focaccia With Red Onions And Figs Recipe
Photos Reveal How Plus-Size Clothes Actually Look on Customers, And Its Not the Same As Those Models
New Kickstarter Project Aims to Help Victims of Online Harassment
How to Get Closer to Your Boyfriend