Nude Nail Color to Match Your Skin | ipsy Nailed It
How to Choose Nail Polish Colour That Suits You
Picking out nail polish colour can be a very fun endeavor. However, with so many different colours and styles, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Luckily, there are ways to narrow it down. Factors like the season, your skin tone, and your personality can help you pick out the perfect polish for any occasion.
Choosing Based on Your Skin Tone
Go for nude shades if you have a light or medium skin tone.Nudes tend to work best for light-coloured or medium-coloured skin. Lighter skins benefit from a pinkish nude. Avoid beige if you have pale skin, as it could create a yellow undertone. If you have medium-coloured skin, you can go for either beige nudes or nudes with a pinkish undertone. Both will look great on your skin.
- Dark skin tones don't look as good with nude shades, but if you want something lighter and less noticeable, try pastels.
Choose a pink shade for any skin tone.If you love pink, you'll be happy to know it works for every skin tone. Pale skin tends to look great with any type of pink, from soft baby pinks to bright fuchsias. Peachy shades of pink look great on medium skin tones. Darker skin looks great with very bright, vibrant pinks.
Pick blue for any skin tone.Blue is a universal colour that looks great on pretty much any skin tone. If you have pale skin, played down blues like navy blues look great. Medium skin tones look good with sky blues or pastel blues. Vibrant shades, like cobalt blues, look good on darker skin.
Experiment with purple.Purple looks good on pretty much any skin tone, but different shades match better with different tones. If you have a pale skin, opt for lavenders. For medium skin, go for a pastel shade with hints of gray. For dark skin, both pastels and brighter shades of purple look great.
- Deep purple polishes with berry undertones also work great if you have a darker complexion.
Choose the best red for your skin tone.If you have pale skin, go for a bright, classic red and avoid sheer tones. For medium skin, red-orange shades look great. For darker complexions, go for a deep wine red.
- If you have pale skin, hold up a bottle of red polish to the light when shopping. If you can see through the polish, it's too sheer for your skin.
Selecting a Polish for an Occasion
Opt for neutral colours for formal occasions.Neutral colours tend to work anywhere, so they're a safe option if you're wearing polish to work or a job interview. For an every day look for professional occasions, you can opt for grays, whites, beiges, and light peachy shades.
- For example, wear a beige polish to a job interview.
Go with holiday-themed colours.You can wear the colours associated with a particular holiday for a fun, festive look. For example, wear red, glittery polish for Christmas or bright orange polish for Halloween.
- Holiday-themed colours can be a particularly great choice if you're going to a party commemorating a particular holiday.
Choose a colour based on season.Some colours are more appropriate depending on the time of year. It can be fun to transition your choice of polish colour with each new season.
- For the fall months, go for colours like grays, dark blues and purples, silvers, cherry shades, and burnt oranges.
- For the spring months, try greens, whites, bright pinks, yellows, reds, and bright blues.
- For the winter, try deep purples, light pinks, grays, and silvers.
- For the summer, try shades like light pinks, greens, bright reds, corals, and light nude shades.
Add sparkles for a fun event.If you're going for a night out on the town, incorporate a little fun into your look. Add nail polish in sparkly shades or add a sparkly topcoat over a dark base. A little glitter and sparkle can make for a fun, carefree look.
- For example, paint your nails black and then wait for them to dry. Once dry, add some glittery gold polish over the black to create a fun, sparkling look.
Picking a Polish Based on Personality
Use metallics to convey a wild personality.Maybe you see yourself as someone with a wild side who enjoys partying. Metallic colours, like metallic blacks, blues, and silvers, really give off a party vibe. These can be a great option to convey your fun loving personality.
Go for an edgy look with black polish.If you want to give off a punk rock, edgy vibe, black nail polish can be great. When paired with things like leather, hoodies, and band t-shirts, black polish can appeal to your rebellious side.
Pick bright colours for an energetic look.A variety of bright colours can give off an energetic look. Pick oranges, greens, and yellows if you want to emulate energy. Bring pinks can also work for an energetic look.
- If you want something both bold and energetic, go for a bright orange or green. These are somewhat unusual colours that can add a touch of quirkiness to your look.
- If you want something very bright, you can even go with white polish.
Choose muted colours for a softer look.If you want to give off a serene demeanor, look for softer, more played down polishes. Shades like light purples and pinks have a feminine, soft feel. You can also try pastel shades of blue.
Show off sophistication with darker polish.If you want to look sophisticated, choose a deep polish with berry tones. A deep purple polish or a wine red polish can really reflect a classy personality.
- Deep polishes look great when paired with former outfits, like evening gowns.
Go for bright red to look bold.Red is traditionally thought of as the colour of confidence. If you want an overtly bold look, opt for a bright red polish. This can be great for an event where you want extra confidence, like a first date.
- For example, try something like candy apple, true red, or an red-orange colour.
QuestionHow do I match two or more colors on my hand?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could do a base coat in one color and some designs in another color. You could also do two colors alternating from nail to nail. When trying to decide which two colors to use, consider the theme of the event, the time of year, etc.Thanks!
Video: How to choose a nail colour
Holiday Gift Guide: The Eco-ChicBeauty
6 Strength Training Mistakes Youre Making
How to Stop Someone from Snoring
Try Track Star Allyson Felix’s Favorite AbWorkout
Diagnosis of Wilms Tumour
Meet Henry, The Male Robot Designed To Sex Better Than You
The Transform Club Is Back For 2019
Thinning Up Top Here Are 5 Ways to Get Thicker, Fuller Hair
When Debt Can Make You Richer
How to Cultivate Compassion in Your Life
Top Tips for a Healthy Summer Vacation
Theresa May refuses to say when Britain will leave permanent limbo with the EU after Brexit
Experts worry Trumps sick puppy comment adds to veterans stigma