Making International Calls : How to Call Spain From the United States
How to Call Spain
Placing a phone call to Spain from anywhere in the world is quick and easy. Prior to making your phone call, you will need to check the time in Spain and obtain your international exit code (UK = 00, USA and Canada = 011), Spain’s country code (34), the local area/city code, and the local phone number. Consider using video messaging apps, calling cards or VOIP services to save money.
Using the Correct Codes
Dial your county’s exit code.This number allows you to dial outside of the country you are calling from. It is sometimes referred to as the “international access code” or “international direct dial code”. Each country has a different code. If you do an online search for your country’s exit code it should come up right away.
- Exit code examples: United Kingdom (and many others) = 00, USA and Canada = 011.
Dial 34, Spain's country code.A country code consists of 1 or 2 digits and allows you to connect your call to that country from another country. Dial Spain’s code (34) after dialling your country’s exit code.
- So far your number will be your country's exit code, followed by 34. For example, if you are in Canada, this would be 011-34.
Dial the correct area/city code.This number is 2-3 digits long and and will narrow your call geographically in Spain. If you do an online search for “--city name-- Spain area code” you should be able to find it easily.
- Spain area code examples include Valencia = 96, Madrid = 91, Barcelona = 93.
- Sometimes the area code is already included in the phone number. You will usually find it in brackets. For example: (93) 9999-99999.
Dial the local phone number.This is the direct phone number of the residence, business, or mobile phone that you are contacting in Spain. Spain uses 9 digit local phone numbers. If you don't know the number, ask for it via social media/email (for a personal contact) or through an online search (for a business or organisation).
Dial the complete international phone number.Press call and wait for a ring to signal a proper connection. If the phone does not ring, try hanging up and redialing the number.
Check the time in Spain to ensure it is convenient to both parties.All of continental Spain observes the same time zone. However, the Canary Islands are 1 hour behind the mainland. Spain is GMT+01:00 during winter and GMT+02:00 in winter due to daylight savings. Try to make your call at a time that is convenient to both you and the receiver.
- You can check the current time in Spain by searching online for “what is the time in Spain”.
Use a calling card if you have a landline with free local minutes.Using a calling card is often the cheapest way to call internationally. Calling cards vary greatly in rates and hidden fees. Look for a calling card that offers simple, straightforward pricing.
- Calling cards can be purchased from convenience stores and grocery stores.
Use video messaging apps to talk for free.If you’re calling someone you know, consider asking them to video chat with you instead. Many social media sites and applications provide free video chat services. Both parties will need to have the same app for the call to connect.
- Tap on the person’s name in the app to make the call.
- Popular video messaging apps include Google Hangouts, Whatsapp, Skype and Facebook Messenger.
- Make sure that both you and the receiver have a good internet connection so the call doesn’t cut out or lag.
Call with a VOIP provider to reduce call charges.Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) apps allow you to make international calls much cheaper than phone companies. This service is offered by companies such as Skype, Viber, and Google+Hangouts.
- When using these services, dial in the full phone number, including all the codes.
- If you call Spain often, check to see if your VOIP app offers subscriptions. This can help to reduce your per-minute VOIP costs.
Video: How To Call Spain From America (USA)
Superfood Sunday: Chia Seed
The Truth About Tax Deductions
Black Tea Consumption Linked to Low Diabetes Rates
How to Avoid Credit Repair Scams
How to Write a Conclusion for a Research Paper
Dairy Milk to become Fairtrade certified
I Still Havent Figured Out This Balancing Act
Jon Hamm just explained why he doesn’t like getting judged on his looks
Normal Is Overrated in a Life of Chronic Pain
EVERY JEWEL MOMENTS GEORG JENSEN
Amazing Makeup Ideas To Make Your Hooded Eyes Pop
Ready, Set, Lose Weight
Comparing Fitness Tracking Devices